Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence is a devastating and traumatic experience. During such trying times, seeking…Share This Post!
San Diego Intersection Accident Lawyer
Intersection Accident Lawyer
Intersection collisions can change lives, and we’re here to make things right
Accidents at intersections can be both physically and emotionally taxing. It can leave victims with injuries, medical bills, and feeling uncertain. Here at Benner Law Firm, our San Diego intersection accident lawyer will provide the support and legal counsel you need to rebuild your life after such a harrowing experience.
We aim to provide legal representation while ensuring a smooth and stress-free experience. With years of experience handling intersection accident cases, we have the knowledge and resources to fight for your rights.
Do not let the aftermath of an intersection accident overwhelm you. Contact us today for a free strategy session!
Injured on the Road?
Call our car accidents lawyer in San Diego, CA to get compensated for your injuries.
What are Intersection Accidents?
Intersection accidents refer to traffic collisions occurring at the junction or intersection of two or more roads or streets. These accidents can involve various types of vehicles, such as cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians. Here are some common types of intersection accidents:
What Causes Intersection Crashes in San Diego?
Intersection crashes in San Diego, CA, like in many other urban areas, can be attributed to many factors related to road design, driver behavior, and environmental conditions. The leading cause of intersection accidents is listed below:
- Distracted Driving
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs
- Failure to Yield Right of Way
- Impaired Driving
- Inadequate Signage and Road Design
- Reckless Driving
- Weather Conditions
- Inadequate Lighting
- Driver Fatigue
- Pedestrian and Cyclist Behavior
- Vehicle Defects
Take action immediately if you or a loved one has been involved in an intersection crash in San Diego, CA. Consult with our personal injury lawyer, and let us help you seek justice and fair compensation.
What Types of Injuries Results From Intersection Accidents?
San Diego intersection crashes can lead to various injuries, varying in severity from minor to life-threatening. The type and severity of injuries depend on different factors, including the speed of the vehicles involved, the angle of collision, and the use of safety devices like seatbelts and airbags. Common injuries resulting from intersection crashes in San Diego include:
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Bruises and Contusions
- Fractures/Broken Bones
- Head/Brain Injuries
- Back/Spinal Cord Injuries
- Internal Injuries
- Chest and Rib Injuries
- Facial Injuries
- Psychological Trauma
Even minor injuries can have long-lasting effects, and symptoms may not always be immediately apparent. Seeking prompt medical attention is critical after an intersection crash to diagnose and address injuries effectively. It is also essential to consider legal assistance to pursue compensation. Contact our San Diego intersection accident attorney for legal guidance.
Who Can Be Liable in Intersection Crashes in San Diego, CA?
Determining who is liable is critical to pursuing a personal injury claim after an intersection crash in San Diego, CA. The party or parties whose negligence or wrongful actions caused the accident are typically held responsible. Liability can differ depending on the circumstances of the collision. Below are some common scenarios and potential parties who may be liable.
One or more drivers involved in the intersection crash may be responsible for the accident due to actions, such as running a red light, failing to yield the right of way, speeding, distracted driving, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Liability may be shared among multiple parties if more than one driver’s actions contributed to the accident. California follows a comparative negligence system, meaning each party can be held responsible for their percentage of fault.
In some cases, the government agency responsible for road maintenance and design may be liable if the intersection’s poor design, inadequate signage, or lack of proper maintenance contributed to the crash.
Construction or Maintenance Companies
If the accident was caused by road construction or maintenance work in progress, the company responsible for the work may be liable if negligence or unsafe practices were involved.
In rare cases, a vehicle defect or mechanical failure may have contributed to the crash. The vehicle manufacturer could be liable for a defective part or design flaw in such instances.
Pedestrians or Cyclists
Pedestrians or cyclists may also bear liability if their actions (e.g., jaywalking or disregarding traffic signals) played a significant role in causing the accident.
The employer or commercial entity may be held vicariously liable for the driver’s actions while on the job if the at-fault driver was operating a commercial vehicle (e.g., a delivery truck or rideshare vehicle) at the time of the accident.
Consulting with our experienced San Diego intersection accident lawyer can be invaluable in building a solid case and navigating the legal process to recover compensation for your injuries and damages. Give us a call today to know more.
How Can I Prove Negligence in My Intersection Accident Claim?
To prove negligence in an intersection accident in San Diego or anywhere in California, you must establish four key elements of negligence. To demonstrate that another party was negligent and responsible for the accident, you must show the following:
- Duty of Care: The first element is establishing that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care.
- Breach of Duty: To prove negligence, you must demonstrate that the at-fault party breached their duty of care. That means showing they did not exercise the level of care and caution that a reasonably prudent person would under similar circumstances.
- Causation: You must establish that the breach of duty directly caused the intersection accident and your injuries. That can involve showing that the other party’s actions were the proximate cause of the collision.
- Damages: Lastly, you must demonstrate that you suffered actual damages from the accident. These damages could include medical bills, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
How Can I Strengthen My Negligence Claim?
Below are steps to help you prove and strengthen your negligence in an intersection accident:
- Gather Evidence: Collect as much evidence as possible from the accident scene, including photographs, witness statements, and the police report. Document road conditions, weather, and any skid marks or vehicle damage.
- Obtain Medical Records: Seek medical attention immediately after the accident and keep records of all medical treatment and expenses related to your injuries.
- Preserve Physical Evidence: Do not repair or dispose of your damaged vehicle until that has been thoroughly examined and documented.
- Consult with an Attorney: Hiring our knowledgeable personal injury attorney can be highly beneficial. We can help you gather evidence, build a strong case, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Consult with Expert Witnesses: If necessary, consider consulting with accident reconstruction experts or other specialists who can provide professional opinions on the accident’s cause and the other party’s negligence.
- Document Your Damages: Keep detailed records of all expenses and losses related to the accident, including medical bills, property repair estimates, and receipts for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Gather Witness Statements: Collect statements from eyewitnesses who can provide their perspective on the accident and who was at fault.
Proving negligence is no easy task, and having our San Diego intersection accident attorney on your side can assist in building a solid case. Call us today!
Injured on the Road?
Call our car accidents lawyer in San Diego, CA to get compensated for your injuries.
What Compensation Can I Recover After An Intersection Accident?
After an intersection accident in San Diego, you may be eligible to recover various types of compensation, depending on the circumstances of the accident and the extent of your injuries. Here are common types of compensation you may be able to recover:
- Medical Expenses
- Future Medical Costs
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- Loss of Consortium
- Punitive Damages
- Wrongful Death Damages
- Diminished Property Value
- Legal Fees
Consulting with our personal injury attorney in San Diego is essential to maximize your chances of receiving fair compensation after an intersection crash. We can assess the specifics of your case, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and, if necessary, take your case to court to secure the compensation you deserve.
How Long Do I Have To File A Claim?
It is crucial to understand the following key points regarding the statute of limitations for intersection accidents in California:
- Two-Year Deadline: You must initiate legal action by filing a lawsuit within two years of the date of the accident. If you fail to file a lawsuit within this time frame, you may lose your right to pursue a compensation claim.
- Discovery Rule: In some cases, injuries may not become apparent immediately after the accident. California follows the “discovery rule,” which means that the two-year statute of limitations may begin when you reasonably should have discovered your injuries.
- Exceptions: Certain exceptions may alter the standard two-year statute of limitations. For instance, if a government entity is involved in an accident, there are often shorter deadlines and specific procedures for filing a claim.
- Wrongful Death Claims: If the intersection accident resulted in a fatality, the statute of limitations for filing a wrongful death claim is typically two years from the date of the individual’s death.
Remember that the statute of limitations is a strict deadline, and once it expires, you may lose your right to pursue compensation for your injuries and damages. It is advisable to consult with our intersection accident lawyer in San Diego, CA, as soon as possible to protect your legal rights and ensure that you meet all deadlines.
Call Our San Diego Intersection Accident Lawyer Now!
Benner Law Firm is well-versed in California’s laws, insurance systems, and local road conditions. We leverage this knowledge to craft a personalized strategy tailored to your unique situation. Whether you are involved in a car wreck, motorcycle accident, bus collision, or other accidents, we can provide the legal representation you deserve.
Your well-being is our priority, and we’ll work relentlessly to ensure that negligent parties are held accountable and that you receive the financial support you need to move forward. We’re not just your legal representatives. We’re also your dedicated allies, here to provide the guidance and reassurance you need during this challenging time.
Contact us today for a free strategy session, and let’s work together to pave the way for a brighter and more secure future.
Under the Defense Base Act (DBA), injured contractors and employees working overseas for U.S. government contracts are entitled to compensation…Share This Post!
When it comes to motorcycle accidents in San Diego, seeking the expertise of a top-notch motorcycle accident lawyer is essential.…Share This Post!
PERSONAL INJURY & DEFENSE BASE ACT ATTORNEY SERVING SAN DIEGO, CA
San Diego Office
Benner Law Firm, PC
409 Camino Del Rio S., Suite 106, San Diego, CA 92108, USA
Mon: 8:30AM - 5PM
Tue: 8:30AM - 5PM
Wed: 8:30AM - 5PM
Thu: 8:30AM - 5PM
Fri: 8:30AM - 5PM
Sat-Sun: Weekend Appointments Available
Want to talk? Leave us a Message