San Diego Personal Injury Attorney If you’ve been hurt in a San Diego accident, your first priority should be recuperation.…Share This Post!
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in San Diego, CA
Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in San Diego, CA
The disruption of normal brain function that may result in serious injuries, such as a blow to the head, is the typical cause of traumatic brain injury, also referred to as a “traumatic brain injury” or “TBI.” Nearly 1.5 million people in the United States sustain traumatic brain injuries yearly, and almost 50,000 people lose their lives. Consult our San Diego traumatic brain injury lawyer today to help you claim compensation for your injuries.
The most common way to sustain a head injury is through a fall, responsible for approximately 30 percent of all head injuries. Automobile accidents come in at number two on the list of leading causes of head injuries; they are responsible for nearly 20 percent of all head injuries.
However, traumatic brain damage can be caused by any solid blow to the head, regardless of origin.
A traumatic brain injury can cause a wide range of symptoms to manifest in the body. The area of the brain that has been damaged is typically what determines the symptoms experienced. However, brain damage will lead to physical limitations, such as paralysis (in cases of severe injury), or changes in thinking and personality (mild injury). Someone who has suffered a mild traumatic brain injury might find it difficult to concentrate on a task or solve problems. Our San Diego traumatic brain injury attorneys know that the individual may experience mood changes or have difficulty interacting with others due to the injury.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury, the accident injury lawyers at Benner Law Firm in San Diego can assist you in filing a compensation claim. You are welcome to make an appointment for a free legal consultation. Contact us today.
Why Do I Need a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in California?
An attorney knowledgeable in head and brain injury cases can provide a victim of traumatic brain injury assistance in pursuing monetary compensation for their injuries. In addition, the personal injury lawyers representing your brain injury must establish the damages in the case. Brain injuries can affect a person’s life, which helps to differentiate each circumstance.
It is not as simple as adding up all of your medical bills and getting extra compensation for any effects that may have been negative. An accident attorney who’s experienced traumatic brain injury (TBI) needs to accurately assess the circumstances surrounding your injuries, understand the extent of the available insurance coverage and consider the total scope of your losses.
An experienced attorney who focuses on cases involving head injuries should be able to calculate a wide range of damages for your case. In cases involving traumatic brain injury, damages can include the following:
- care in the past and care in the future for patients
- lost wages as well as potential earnings in the future
- difficult circumstances and anguish
- additional rehabilitation services in addition to occupational therapy and physical therapy
- a severed connection with a friend or associate
Depending on the situation’s particulars, you may also be able to file a lawsuit for punitive damages. Damages known as punitive damages may be awarded if the party responsible for your traumatic brain injuries was grossly negligent or acted intentionally in causing your injuries.
When Is Someone in San Diego Liable for Your Traumatic Brain Injury?
Head injuries can frequently result in serious personal injury, necessitating prompt and essential medical care from a neurologist or neuropsychologist. Due to the complexity of the human brain, this medical treatment can result in high medical expenses.
If someone’s negligence caused the accident that resulted in your brain injury, they might be responsible for paying for your injuries. Due to the complexity of these accidents, however, proving negligence can be exceedingly difficult. Hiring an experienced San Diego personal injury attorney is crucial for this reason.
- Car Accidents & Traumatic Brain Injuries – When involved in a car accident, like a car crash, the head frequently moves in an awkward and unnatural manner. It is common for car accident victims to sustain a concussion as a result of a sudden head jerk or what we call whiplash. In addition, hitting your head on the side or roof of your vehicle can cause devastating (and sometimes permanent) brain damage.
- Assaults and Attacks – Fights and bodily attacks are common causes of traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can result from being struck in the head or pushed to the ground, causing a fall. Since this type of force is illegal, it is simple to hold the offender accountable.
- Slip and Fall Injury – Injury cases such as slipping and falling on a slippery floor can result in head contusions, concussions, or worse. Businesses, restaurants, and retail establishments must ensure their floors are not slippery. Some slip-and-fall accidents can result in severe brain injuries. Thus the property owner may be liable if you trip and fall through no fault of your own.
- Alcohol Sales – Alcohol kills brain cells and impairs cognitive function. And excessive alcohol consumption can result in permanent brain damage. It is obligatory for bars and restaurants not to over-serve their customers, so their clients do not get drunk. Thus they are required to refuse service to someone who is already visibly intoxicated, which sometimes leads to drunk driving crashes.
- Substandard Products/Medicine – Additionally, defective products can cause brain injuries. Defective airbags and seat belts can cause traumatic brain injuries, for instance. In addition, an improper medication that lacks adequate instructions or warnings may result in brain injuries.
Consult Our Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in San Diego, California
Individuals who have sustained head injuries involving the brain have benefited from the legal help provided by our law office, and their satisfaction is evidenced through some testimonials.
If you have any questions regarding a traumatic brain injury, feel free to submit your question online in the strictest confidence. Our trusted San Diego, California lawyers are dedicated to holding the responsible parties accountable and securing financial compensation for the victim and survivors.
Contact Benner Law Firm for a free and confidential consultation.
PERSONAL INJURY & DEFENSE BASE ACT ATTORNEY SERVING SAN DIEGO, CA
San Diego Office
Benner Law Firm, PC
409 Camino Del Rio S., Suite 106, San Diego, CA 92108, USA
Mon: 8:30AM - 5PM
Tue: 8:30AM - 5PM
Wed: 8:30AM - 5PM
Thu: 8:30AM - 5PM
Fri: 8:30AM - 5PM
Sat-Sun: Weekend Appointments Available
Want to talk? Leave us a Message